Thursday, August 2, 2012

Difference in Transportation #4


[Car -Part 3]

The road structure is a little bit different. I will pick up what I was aware as a driver, and a pedestrian.

The limit lines..


When I walk on the street, I felt the cars run faster compare to Japan. Japanese road is narrow and cars drive slowly, so pedestrians are easy to cross the street. But as I tried to cross the road with no crossing, even if I checked there seemed to be no car on the street, soon a car headed to me unexpectedly. Therefore,  I usually use the crossing. Then I realized the car was so close as I walk in the crossing line. Why did I feel scared? The crossing line was the same as the limit line. In addition to it, the car try to turn right didn't stop at the stop line exactly. In Japan, There is plenty space between crossing and stop line. Since then, I try to stop my car with enough space toward the crossing. But I think due to the road structure causes the fact that the U.S. traffic police have to establish strict controls over the limit line. Learn more


 Street parking


I'm not good at parking, especially street parking. When I was in Tokyo, I didn't have so much opportunity to park on the street, because the road is super narrow.

If some cars are parked on the road, the street changes 2 lanes to 1 lane, 1 lane to no lane. That situation definitely causes a traffic jam.

As I drive in the U.S., sometimes I am required park along the street. I wish the driving school instructor taught me how to park on the street..






Rest area on highway



I think there is no rest area on highway in San Diego area. As I drive in California, I saw only one.

It is hard to believe in Japan, because rest area is sometimes like a theme park or a shopping mall. We call service area and you can see a lot of "SA" sign on highway. As we focus on how attractive the rest area is, and some of them are used for revitalizing the town such as hot spring in a rest area!

No comments:

Post a Comment